Most frequent questions and answers
UC1 Download - Desktop R22.0
Communicator for Desktop is a native Windows or Mac client for Unified Communications, providing the following communication features:
- Instant Messaging and Presence
- Voice Calling (VoIP)
- Voice Calling (Desk phone)
- Video Calling
- Desktop Sharing
- BroadWorks Call Settings
This client requires an active user account with Unified Communications features enabled to login. Please contact BluIP support if you have ordered UC, but the login fails.
System requirements are as follows on native desktop:
Operating system: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10 (Classical view only).
- The installation footprint is approximately 125 megabytes (MB) on OS X and 215 MB on Windows.
- For voice calls, a sound card, speakers, and a microphone or a headset are required.
- For video calls, a webcam is required.
Minimum system requirements for respective operating systems need to be fulfilled, with the following additions:
- A minimum of 2 GB random access memory (RAM) is required.
- A minimum 1.5 GHz CPU is recommended.
- A dual core CPU is recommended for video calls at a minimum.
- Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) 1.5 or higher is recommended.
For high definition (HD) video, the following is recommended:
- HD camera
- HD resolution support in display
- Quad Core x86 or equivalent at a minimum
- 4 GB RAM
VDI environments are not supported.
UC1 Communicator delivers a comprehensive Unified Communications (UC) experience to computers, smartphones, and tablets. Designed for business, users can chat, make and receive calls, collaborate with voice and video, access the corporate directory, see the status of fellow employees, and much more. The application also supports direct access to user profile information and feature settings to instantly update preferences. UC1 Communicator makes it easy for employees to access the full power of their unified communications capabilities anytime, anywhere, on the device of their choice.
A subscription is required to log in and take advantage of UC1 Communicator.
Dialer for Google Chrome
A Google Chrome™ extension that provides BluIP telephony integration.
What will this do for you?
- FOR ALL! The Dialer works with any Broadsoft/Broadworks service provider. Powered by us, customized to you.
- Pop the dialer out from the browser to have a buddy-list window floating around your desktop.
- Get and stay in touch with your Google Contacts.
- Scroll or search through your enterprise directory, busy lamp field users, and speed dial contacts to initiate a call.
- View inbound and outbound call logs, than just click on an item to redial.
- Use the click-to-dial feature, to add clickable links to phone numbers on any web page, including those within CRMs. Plus you pick whether to have a button, or just a simple link.
- Toggle or set your Remote Office, Call Forwarding Always, and Do Not Disturb settings right from the dialer or portal.
- Address bar (omni) dialing: an easy way to just type in -call + contact name or phone number to initiate a call.
- Visualize or listen for incoming calls via a simple on-screen notification and let Google speak out the call details.
- Call Control lets you manage (Talk, End, or Hold) your current calls from any active Google Chrome tab.
- Join the Force with our new Salesforce integration. Simple setup, that allows you to log calls, create task or accounts. It’ll also pull up records automatically that match the incoming/outgoing phone number.
- Set settings from the dialer portal. Enable or disable: Chrome Notifications, Text to Speech (TTS), Click-to-Dial, and the Call Controller.
- eAgent integration enables you to access records, dependent on your call details. Simplified by an automatic process, or simply clicking the matching record in the call controller.